This QubesOS certified grade A refurbished laptop is the highest-end Lenovo Thinkpad X230 model, with following specifications:
- Intel Core i7 3520M 3rd Gen. 2x 2.90GHz-3.60GHz (Turbo) (4MB L2 cache) CPU (fastest CPU available for that model)
- 16GB DDR3 memory (maximal memory capacity for that model)
- 250GB Solid State Drive, SSD-III 6GB/s Hard drive (option not customizable)
- Trusted Module Platform (TPM) v1.1
- Brilliant 12.5″ IPS LED HD 1366×768 Panel
- Intel HD 4000 graphic card
- Built-in Webcam
- 2x Fast USB 3. 0 ports (left side blue ports) + 1x USB 2.0 port (right side yellow port)
- HD Mini-DisplayPort TV-Out (Mini-DP port)
- Backlit USA keyboard (option non-customizable)
- WiFi controller: Atheros AR5BHB116 a/b/g/n 300Mbps MINI PCI-E
- Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection
- Original Lenovo USA AC Adapter (Input: 100-240V, 2.5A-0.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 20V, 4.5A, Connector: M11)
- Original Lenovo Working Battery (60% capacity, guaranteed for 14 days upon delivery)
It comes with a HOTP enabled USB Security dongle, required for visual firmware integrity attestation. It is also used to attest boot files integrity after each system components upgrade, for which integrity is validated against user’s public key inserted into the ROM.
It also comes with 16Gb sdcard, permitting to put it into Read Only mode through a mechanical switch when to be put in untrusted computers. It comes with the latest installation media and signatures files of QubesOS, while original Lenovo firmware files and provisioned secrets are stored in an encrypted partition for which randomly selected diceware passphrase to unlock it will be communicated to you through secure communication channel.
You pay a fixed fee of 500$CAD (included in price) for the Intel ME neutering, Heads installation, QubesOS preinstallation and tamper evidence seals, while helping me maintain Heads and integrate it to a larger number of models, collaborating on QubesOS to ease user experience and facilitate hardware acquisition from freedom defenders all around the world.
*Note that 25% of the net profits are given to Insurgo’s Initiative OpenCollective fund to continue NlNet PET0 funded Accessible Security related projects.