This QubesOS certified refurbished laptop is lower-end Lenovo Thinkpad i5 X230 model, with following specifications:
- Intel Core i5 3rd gen 2×2.5Ghz+ cores CPU (Not i7 2.9ghz highest end for X230)
- 16GB DDR3 memory (maximum capacity for that model)
- 250GB Solid State Drive, SSD-III 6GB/s Hard drive (option not customizable)
- Trusted Module Platform (TPM) v1.1
- TN Display Panel (Not IPS panel)
- Intel HD 4000 graphic card
- Built-in Webcam
- 2x Fast USB 3. 0 ports (left side blue ports) + 1x USB 2.0 port (right side yellow port)
- HD Mini-DisplayPort TV-Out (Mini-DP port)
- Non-Backlit USA keyboard (Only Thinklight when doing FN+Space)
- WiFi controller: Atheros AR5BHB116 a/b/g/n 300Mbps MINI PCI-E
- Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection
- Original Lenovo USA AC Adapter (Input: 100-240V, 2.5A-0.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 20V, 4.5A, Connector: M11)
- Original Lenovo Working Battery (Capacity not guaranteed)
It comes with a HOTP enabled USB Security dongle, required for visual firmware integrity attestation. It is also used to attest boot files integrity after each system components upgrade, for which integrity is validated against user’s public key inserted into the ROM.
You pay a fixed fee of 500$CAD (included in price) for the Intel ME neutering, Heads installation, QubesOS preinstallation and tamper evidence seals, while helping me maintain Heads and integrate it to a larger number of models, collaborating on QubesOS to ease user experience and facilitate hardware acquisition from freedom defenders all around the world.
*Note that 25% of the net profits are given to Insurgo’s Initiative OpenCollective fund to continue NlNet PET0 funded Accessible Security related projects.
There are no reviews yet.