Congratulation! you just ordered a PrivacyBeast X230!
STEP 1: PROCESSING YOUR ORDER
If you paid with crypto (BTC or XMR) you will receive an “on-hold order” email. If paid with BTC (Bitcoin), the validation process is automatic, be patient, you will soon receive the “processing order” email. If paid with XMR (Monero), follow the instruction included in the email or bellow as you have to send us your transaction Id.
If you paid with Stripe/PayPal you are going to receive the “processing order” e-mail, thanking you for having ordered from us and stating that your order is processing. This means that funds have been sent, not received. It is also pointing to this post to help you with the process of owning your PrivacyBeast X230.
- If paid by Stripe, the funds will be transferred to Insurgo after a hold of 7 days on their side.
- If paid by PayPal, the funds are transferred to Insurgo‘s PayPal account near instantaneously, permitting hardware parts to be ordered right away through PayPal.
- If paid by Monero, the transaction needs to be manually reconciled, then converted to BTC, then transferred to bank account, then to Paypal. The money transit takes 2 days.
- If paid by BTC, the transaction is automatically reconciled and transferred into bank account the same working day.
In all case, the process starts when the funds are received and your hardware is ordered. Thanks for your comprehension.
- Choose an encrypted communication channel using one of the supported ones stated in the contact section of the site.
- Initiate contact with Insurgo by STATING YOUR ORDER NUMBER after having verified that the chosen encrypted communication channel is secured, following the “How to use” links found on the contact section of the site.
- If you paid with Monero, include your MONERO TRANSACTION ID (txid) along with your ORDER NUMBER.
- Prior to shipment to you: Receive OEM TPMTOTP QR Code and scan it with an OTP application of your choice (such as freeotp) on your smartphone. Search you application store for OTP to install one. That scanned QR code be used as an optional second factor authentication seed from your smartphone.
- Receive case sensitive OEM Disk Recovery Key passphrase and save it in a secure location.
- Upon reception of the hardware, use the provided information in the OEM Re-Ownership wizard when requested on first computer boot.
- All provided information will be rendered obsolete after completion of the Re-Ownership Wizard.
- If you have questions, please ask through established secured communication channel.
+. A walkthrough video of the upcoming process is available here
STEP 2: PREPARING YOUR PRODUCT
Insurgo will now:
- Order your hardware (~5 working days to be refurbished and received),
- Prepare it (~1 working day)
- Get it shipped to you (pickup and shipping ~5 days).
If you haven’t reviewed seperation of duties, now would be a good time to read it.
The actual Disk Recovery Key passphrase will be asked at the first step of the Re-Ownership wizard. To see the complete Re-Ownership Wizard process in action, click here.
STEP 3: YOUR ORDER IS COMPLETE
You will then receive an additional e-mail stating that your order is complete.
At that point, you and Insurgo should have already established contact through encrypted communication channel. Insurgo‘s OEM provisioning secrets should have been shared with you and kept secured by you until your new hardware is received. Insurgo will keep them until you confirm that they are noted safely. From that moment, Insurgo won’t be able to provide them back to you.
STEP 4: TRACKING & RECEIVING YOUR ORDER
You will then receive an additional e-mail containing shipping tracking information. Upon reception, you will have to sign the package after validating the box is undamaged.
STEP 5: TAKING OWNERSHIP OF YOUR PRIVACYBEAST X230
- Plug your new computer with it’s AC adapter
- Insert provided Librem Key while also verifying that the sdcard is properly inserted in the front-right memory expansion slot and gather OEM actual Disk Recovery Key Passphrase.
- Boot your newly received PrivacyBeast X230 and follow on-screen instructions. Providing the OEM actual Disk Recovery Key passphrase shared over secured communication channel. The Re-Ownership Wizard will take over and make you reown the hardware after validating it’s firmware and boot integrity. To view the complete technology preview, click here.
Enjoy the most secured computer in the world !
Insurgo Open Technologies / Technologies Libres