If you paid with BTC (Bitcoin), the validation process is automatic, be patient, you will soon receive the “processing order” email.
If you paid by credit card, you are going to receive a “processing order” e-mail, thanking you for having ordered from us and stating that your order is now processing. This means that funds have been sent, not received. It is also pointing to this post to help you understand the process of owning your PrivacyBeast X230.
- If paid by Credit Card (Elavon), the funds will be released to Insurgo within 2 working days.
- If paid by BTC, the transaction is automatically reconciled and then manually transferred into bank account the same working day.
- If you would like to pay through XMR (Monero), look here (clearnet) or here (onion site through tor browser) to pay in XMR to one proposed BTC wallet address at checkout.
In all case, the process starts when the funds are received and your hardware is consequently ordered. Thanks for your comprehension.
- Choose an encrypted communication channel using one of the supported ones stated in the contact section of the site.
- Initiate contact with Insurgo by STATING YOUR ORDER NUMBER after having verified that the chosen encrypted communication channel is secured, following the “How to use” links found on the contact section of the site.
- Prior to shipment to you: Receive OEM TPMTOTP QR Code and scan it with an OTP application of your choice (such as freeotp) on your smartphone. Search your application store for OTP to install a compatible application. That scanned QR code can be used as an optional second factor authentication seed to get a 6 digits 2FA that changes every 30 seconds, synchronized to your smartphone.
- Upon reception of the hardware, make sure that the sdcard is well seated in and don’t remove it until you booted into QubesOS.
- Receive case sensitive OEM Disk Recovery Key passphrase and save it in a secure location. It will be used to decrypt and reencrypt both your sdcard and ssd drive and provision re-ownership wizard.
- Input the provided Disk Recovery key passphrase into the OEM Re-Ownership wizard when requested on first computer boot. On second boot and following reboots, your chosen Disk Recovery Key passphrase will be asked of you once drives are reencrypted at first step.
- All provided information will be rendered obsolete after completion of the Re-Ownership Wizard.
- If you have questions, please ask through established secured communication channel.
+. A walkthrough video of the upcoming process is available here
Insurgo will now:
- Order your hardware (~5 working days to be refurbished and received),
- Prepare it (~1 working day)
- Get it shipped to you (pickup and shipping ~5 days).
If you haven’t reviewed seperation of duties, now would be a good time to read it.
The actual Disk Recovery Key passphrase will be asked at the first step of the Re-Ownership wizard. To see the complete Re-Ownership Wizard process in action, click here.
You will then receive an additional e-mail stating that your order is complete.
At that point, you and Insurgo should have already established contact through encrypted communication channel. Insurgo‘s OEM provisioning secrets should have been shared with you and kept secured by you until your new hardware is received. Insurgo will keep them until you confirm that they are noted safely. From that moment, Insurgo won’t be able to provide them back to you.
You will then receive an additional e-mail containing shipping tracking information. Upon reception, you will have to sign the package after validating the box is undamaged.
Enjoy the most secured computer in the world !
Insurgo Open Technologies / Technologies Libres